Products & Coverages

Providing Solutions since 2009

Auto Liability

Primary Auto Liability insurance is required by federal regulations. Every carrier must carry liability insurance on every tractor truck and leased units. This coverage provides protection against legal liability arising out of the ownership, maintenance, or use of any insured automobile. The insuring agreement agrees to pay damages for bodily injury or property damage for which the insured is legally responsible because of an automobile accident resulting from the ownership, maintenance, or use of covered auto. The agreement also states that in addition to payment of damages for which the insured is legally liable, the insurer also agrees to defend the insured for all legal defense cost. The defense cost is in addition to the policy limits. The trucking company having FHWA (ICC) Authority should carry this coverage.

Physical Damage  – Comprehensive & Collision Coverage

This coverage provides protection against loss or damage to your covered vehicle resulting from the impact with another vehicle or object. Your premium is based on the value of your equipment; usually a percentage of the value. This coverage is not required by law, but if you finance your vehicle the lien holder will require it. Collision losses are paid regardless of fault. Comprehensive coverage provides protection against damage to a covered auto resulting from loss other than a collision or upset. This coverage also provides for supplemental payments for transportation expenses in the event of total theft of a covered auto. Commonly, indicating a Stated Value provides this coverage. Stated Value should be determined by the actual cost to replace the unit at the time you are insuring it. The owner of the equipment should carry this coverage.

Cargo w/Refrigeration Breakdown Coverage

Provides insurance on the freight or commodity hauled by a for-hire trucker. It covers your liability for cargo that is lost or damaged due to causes such as fire, collision, or striking of a load. In addition, this can cover the cargo affected by a breakdown in the refrigeration unit. This includes a mechanical breakdown or accident that causes the refrigeration unit to fail.

General Liability

General Liability insurance protects the business for any property damage or bodily injury that might occur which does not involve a tractor truck. This coverage pertains to claims arising out of the insured’s liability for injuries or damages caused to ownership of property, manufacturing operations, contracting operations, sale or distribution of products and the operating of machines as well as professional services.

Occupational Accident

Occupational accident includes medical, disability, death, and dismemberment benefits. Occupational insurance is in many ways similar to Workers Compensation insurance and some states allow Occupational Accident insurance in lieu of work comp.

Umbrella Insurance

An umbrella liability policy covers a much higher limit and goes above and beyond claims directly relating to your liability policy. The main purpose of your umbrella policy is to protect your company from an unforeseen event, such as a tragic accident in which you are held responsible for damages or bodily injuries.

Excess Liability

Sometimes referred to as “umbrella,” excess liability refers to extended liability coverage. This coverage is meant to supplement your insurance coverage if the damages exceed your liability coverage. Be sure to talk to your agent about what your excess liability covers.

Non-Trucking Liability

Commonly referred to as Bobtail Insurance, pays for an accident when the driver/truck is not under dispatch. The coverage is sometimes referred to as Deadhead coverage or Bobtail liability. An Owner/Operator permanently leased to a company having FHWA (ICC) Authority should carry this coverage.

Garage Liability

This coverage insures the legal liability of automobile dealers, repairs shops, service stations, and garages for property damage during business operations.

Personal Injury Protection (PIP)

Protects injuries the driver sustained in a covered accident. Covers medical expenses, lost wages, and other damages. Be sure to talk with your agent to see what is specifically covered.

Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist Coverage

Pays for damages associated with bodily injury or death from an accident caused by an uninsured, underinsured or hit-and-run driver, as defined by the law in the jurisdiction where the accident occurred, who is at fault.

Get in Touch

Experience the 1st Patriot Insurance Difference

Scroll to Top